Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

A few more figures finished

And some more painted up from the leftovers box. This time a mix of Tin Soldier and Xyston 15mm Gauls (with one Old Glory figure in there as well, I believe). These are from a long-stalled project. Still five more units to paint, and it's hard work, because, a) I don't like painting Gauls b) my painting style has changed a bit since I did the first eighteen or so units of these and this latest batch is an unhappy compromise between the old and the new and c) I'm becoming less and less of a fan of the Tin Soldier figures.

Oh well, only a few more units to go. I wonder if I can get through them!




I think the thing might be to do a Caesar in Gaul game and see if that can't motivate me for the last stretch.


20 comments:

  1. Getting a game on the docket in which you do not have the requisite figures is a great motivator to paint. By the way, very colorful batch of Gauls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Aaron. The variety of colors on irregulars are always a challenge for me. Very impressively done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking warband Aaron! Lots of variety in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I do Aaron to keep my motivation going. Play some smaller scenarios to keep the juices flowing. Keep trudging along sir, looking good!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, gents! That's some good medicine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tidy enough Aaron- and minis always look twice as good when based!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, thanks for dropping by! And yes, basing does make a big difference.

      Delete
    2. ...I always think of the stage when the minis are on the un-grouted base, as the dark before the dawn. :-)

      Delete
    3. That should be the title of a Bigredbat painting guide, I'd say!

      Delete
  7. Very nice, Aaron! What rules do you have in mind to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my usual assortment! Lost Battles mostly, CCA, hopefully some more To the Strongest! at some point.

      Delete
  8. Nice looking bunch of Gauls and getting towards a game , even better.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting to see the Tin Soldier Gauls I guess they're biggies if they fit with Xyston?

    You have them looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes, they're even bigger than Xyston, so I've decided to take a couple of their poses 'off the table,' so to speak.

      Delete
  10. Interesting to see the Tin Soldier Gauls I guess they're biggies if they fit with Xyston?

    You have them looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job and beautiful details Aaron!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...