Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Wet palette results

Well, after doing a little work on some Gauls last night I have to say I am favourably impressed by the wet palette.  I can switch between colours a lot more easily, and even this morning the paints were still fresh and usable.  As chopping and changing between colours is less of a chore, I think it may allow me to adjust the production line method I currently use to one that can start and finish smaller batches in a shorter space of time.

It remains to be seen whether smaller batches more frequently is better for the motivation than massive batches very occasionally, but we shall see!  It can see that it could be appealing to churn out a unit in a couple of evenings...

The paint kept fresh overnight.

Doing Gauls in smaller batches?  Good Lord!

6 comments:

  1. I have not tried the wet palette method but I do fall into the "smaller batches; more frequently" camp of production line painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan, a problem in Japan is that there are times during the year when paint dries or thickens very quickly, so to have more than one paint on the go at once is difficult. The wet palette will hopefully change that! Cheers, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep meaning to give a wet palette a go myself, but just never get round to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to get plenty done without it Ray, so if it ain't broke... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some good results. I think smaller batches is the way to go. I get burnt out by big batches of production line painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sean, me too, but at least with the big batches you have an army to show for the burn out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...