Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

A wet palette

No, not a drinking story; am testing out a new painting tool tonight, as demonstrated by numerous people of late, Sean being the one I first saw.  Here's what you need:

1) some kind of foamy stuff.


2) a shallowish plastic container with a lid.


3) Some grease proof paper (called baking paper elsewhere).


You trim the foam to fit into the container, add water and place the baking paper on top, thusly:


Then you press the baking paper down and put dobs of paint on it.  It is supposed to keep the paint in a moist and usable state for quite some time.  When you take a break you put the lid on and it stays all nice and wet in there.

The report on how it went will come later...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, I hope it went well. I haven't painted much lately, but I seemed to have trouble keeping the whole thing wet enough. Still it is an improvement over using a plate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, seems to do the job. The paint gets a bit more watery than I'm used to (surprise surprise!) so I now have to drybrush separately, but over all it's a definite improvement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...