Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Painting update

After too long with little time (and, it must be said, less motivation), the paint brushes are back out. I had never found a good white, so in desperation I took a trip to the local art supply store to pick up some artists' acrylics and see if they would do a better job. I was rapt when it turned out they do. The white looks so crisp and applies so evenly that I finished the linen armour on all of my successor elephant crews without even noticing, and then used it to whiten the tunics of some Spanish I finished painting years ago.

I used to dread painting white, but I'm so impressed by this paint that I'm going to pick up a few other colours as well. Suddenly, the prospect of painting up the Greeks and Macedonians I have sitting in the cupboard does not seem the nightmare it did two weeks ago.

So, we're on the home stretch with the jumbos, and I'm starting to think about what to do next. I hope this enthusiasm lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...